Search

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Memorable Night


When I was 10 years old my dad asked me to go to a father daughter dance. Of course I said yes! I was so excited, but suddenly my excitement turned to nervousness… I realized I didn’t know how to dance! My dad told me not to worry because he was going to teach me everything I needed to know. He then turned on “My Girl” by The Temptations and began teaching me. At first he had me stand on his feet to feel the rhythm of the music and understand the steps. I quickly caught on and was shortly on my own two feet. We were having so much fun! I learned how to dance before the father daughter dance and we showed off my newly acquired skills on the dance floor. This is one of the most memorable nights that I’ve had with my dad, and every time I hear “My Girl” I remember that night and cherish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment