I was only 9 months old when my family packed up and moved to our new home in Taylor Mill KY. We lived in that house for the next 17 years; it’s the house that holds all my memories. It’s where I lost my first tooth, climbed my first tree, caught my first fish, got picked up for my first date, and watched my dog grow up and die. Everything I hold dear growing up is at my old home in Taylor Mill. When I was 18 my parents decided it was time to move again, I wasn’t happy with this decision but I followed along and kept a smile on my face as much as I could to make my parents happy. But every time ‘The House That Built Me’ by Miranda Lambert comes on my heart gets heavy and I think back to all my favorite memories that lie in that house, and for the duration of the song I imagine I’m back in my old house hanging out in my room, climbing in my tree fort, and playing basketball in the front yard again. I wish that I could go back and relive all my memories even the bad ones, but I know I can’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment